Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Coffee Rubbed Pork Loin with Charred Onions & Pineapple


I adapted this recipe from my Whole Foods iPhone again and what a great recipe! On our recent shopping trip we picked up some coffee rub, which is pure magic when paired with pork or beef. It wasn't in the recipe, but I always feel the need to add something to a recipe if it sounds good to me! Plus I think a bold rub like that would be perfectly paired with the cool mango and pineapple salsa. I also picked up a mango habanero marinade that I used as a sauce for the pork.OMG. Best addition ever. This sauce is amazing and it was only three dollars! The sweetness of the sauce pairs perfectly with the smokiness of the pork.The pineapple and onions is such a nice combination with the pork. I added a bit of chopped jalapeno while the mixture was baking. This was so simple. You literally throw everything in the oven. God, I love easy cooking.

The AWESOME rub and sauce I used. You can easily make your own rub though!


I think this is one of those stick to your ribs meals that you can feel satisfied after eating. I am so sick of eating salads and being hungry an hour later. If you eat this I am sure you will be full for hours.Since I added the spice rub, I pan seared the pork first and it was a great idea. It sealed in so many juices. The pork was so juicy. Please people- DO NOT overcook the pork please. I warned you.

Serves 4 to 6

Serve with a bowl of fresh salsa on the side to spoon over pork, if you like.

Ingredients

1 white onion, thickly sliced 
Pineapple, cut into chunks (about 2 cups chunks)
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, thinly sliced crosswise
1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
Lime wedges

Method

Arrange a rack in the oven about 6 inches from the heating element and preheat broiler. Arrange onion and pineapple on a large foil-lined baking sheet and broil, stirring once or twice, until softened and browned in parts, 6 to 8 minutes( you can also saute on the stove top) ; transfer to a platter and keep warm.

Arrange pork on the same baking sheet and broil( or cook on  stove top), stirring once or twice, until cooked through and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to platter with pineapple and onion and toss gently.Let pork sit to let juices redistribute then cut and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment