Monday, June 18, 2012

Cinnamon-Hazelnut Biscotti


Happy Father's Day to all of those amazing dad's in the world!! My dad has been so supportive of my blogging so it was only fair that I made him some of these delicious biscotti for him to enjoy for Father's Day this year. And let me tell you, this was one heck of a gift because I tasted these and they were delicious!

Me & My Dad!!!

This was my first crack at making biscotti and it was so easy! It has minimal ingredients, which is always a plus in my book and they were so delicious. The cinnamon was such a great addition to these biscotti. That is something that I have not tasted in most biscotti that I have tasted in the past. I don't think I will ever make biscotti again without cinnamon. What a great addition. If you have a nut allergy or don't care for cinnamon, you can add whatever you want to these. Instead of vanilla extract you can add whatever extract you like. Almond extract would be yummy!Some other great ideas I came up with are:

  • Dried Cranberries & White Chocolate Chips
  • Chocolate Chips & Coconut
  • Orange Zest & Dried Cranberroes
  • Pistachios
I find that biscotti are delicious when dunked in a hot cup of cappuccino! That is my favorite! Hopefully my dad enjoyed these biscotti( I know I did with the leftovers!) 

What is your favorite kind of biscotti?

Cinnamon-Hazelnut Biscotti

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup hazelnuts


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; mix into the egg mixture. Stir in the hazelnuts. Shape dough into two equal logs approximately 12 inches long. Place logs on baking sheet, and flatten out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
  3. Bake for about 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are golden and the center is firm. Remove from oven to cool on the pans. When loaves are cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to slice the loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet.
  4. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, turning over once. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.



4 comments:

  1. this sounds so yummy. and what a perfect gift it would make in a jar with a ribbon around it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so great. I love biscotti but have never tried to make it myself. The best I ever had was on Cape Cod last year. I wish I would have asked for that recipe but I will try yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love biscotti and have to admit I never realized it was this easy to make! Yours sound absolutely delicious and I like your idea of making a version with Chocolate Chips & Coconut too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are SO EASY. I almost want to make a new kind every week. Let me know what you think Anita!

    ReplyDelete