Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Garlicky & Parmesan Crispy Smashed Potatoes


My husband now refers to these taters as "smooshed spuds." And smooshed they are. They are also delicious. Honestly, there was so much going on with these potatoes I didn't know what the heck to call them. There was garlic. There was Parmesan. There was truffle salt. Do I need to go any further?

If I intrigued you to click past the link you are in luck! This was a really easy and totally delicious recipe! I have been seeing recipes like this all over pinterest. Some were totally involved and far too many steps for me. I like simple, easy, and a few ingredients. Cue in my creation. I love truffle anything and Parmesan cheese? I am in heaven!These are super crispy on the outside, but still have the soft flesh of a baked potato. You can top these whatever you like. And because I didn't want you guys to think too hard I came up with some ideas for you! After baking top with:
  • Cheddar Cheese,Bacon & Scallions
  • Salsa and Guacamole
  • Tomato Sauce,Fresh Motz & Basil

Garlicky & Parmesan Crispy Smashed Potatoes 



















Ingredients: 
1 Bag Red Bliss Potatoes
Olive Oil for drizzling
1 cup parmasean cheese ( or more) for sprinking
Salt & Pepper
Basil for topping ( optional)

Directions: 
1.Set oven to bake at 450 F.  Wash potatoes, but keep skin on.
2. Bring large pot of water to a boil and add potatoes and boil for 15-20 minutes.
3. When potatoes are cooked through ( but not overcooked or soft. air on the side of undercooked) drain and dry on a paper towel.
4. Drizzle olive oil on a sheet pan and add potatoes to the sheet pan and gently "smash" each potato with a small pan so it is flattened.
5. Top with another drizzle of olive oil and chopped garlic. Top with salt and pepper
6. Roast for 15 minutes then flip. Bake for 15 more minutes until golden brown.
7. Take potatoes out of oven and top and Parmesan and truffle salt or truffle oil. Garnish with chopped basil.


7 comments:

  1. Now I know what I'm making for dinner! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how they come out Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon, Guacamole and tomato sauce here I come! Potatoes are just wonderful to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been able to stop thinking about these potatoes. I have them on my list of must make soon.

    ReplyDelete