Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Biscotti


 Biscotti are the perfect treat to eat along side a steaming mug of hot cocoa or coffee while lounging on the couch on a Sunday morning. That was exactly what I was thinking of  when I woke up this morning. So I did what any normal gal would do.... I got up and made some biscotti!


My favorite part of biscotti is when you dunk them in a hot beverage of your choice and they get just a little bit soggy. Be careful to not keep them in the beverage bath too long because the biscotti gets so soggy it falls in and it can never be recovered! Trust me, it has happened.

This recipe actually has minimal ingredients and you can really make it your own. I originally made this recipe with cinnamon and hazelnuts, but for this recipe I changed out the hazelnuts for white chocolate chips and crasins.The next recipe I think I will try is basil and lemon zest. That's right folks, you read it here first. Don't take my idea. Just kidding... you can.

And on a funny note, I have been trying out my new Cannon SLR Camera and I am obsessed. I took about 100 pictures of these delicious biscotti, but got interrupted by a cute little pug named Meatball who wanted to be involved.... How can I get work done with a cutie wanting my attention?


Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk  Biscotti


Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; mix into the egg mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and cranberries. Shape dough into two equal logs approximately 12 inches long. Place logs on baking sheet, and flatten out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
  3. Bake for about 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are golden and the center is firm. Remove from oven to cool on the pans. When loaves are cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to slice the loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet.
  4. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, turning over once. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.



2 comments:

  1. I always assumed that biscotti would be a difficult recipe with difficult ingredients, but it doesn't seem that bad! I want to make them right now! Great recipe Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love biscotti. They look great. And I'm also playing with the new Rebel I got for the holidays. And am constantly winding up with a pup nose in my pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete