Monday, April 8, 2013

Broccamole ( like Guacamole, but better)


I have the most amazing snack to share with all of you!I am such a sucker for guacamole and as healthy as avocado is do you really need to eat a whole avocado in one sitting? I think we all know the answer to that. I saw this yummy "guacamolesque" dip and had to try it.


I am always a fan of a dip I can make in advance and have a delicious snack ready when I need it. You can even make this ahead of time and serve it at a party. If you could have inferred from the name, this dip is mainly made from broccoli.The creamy guacamole texture comes from the Greek yogurt. So not only are we getting great vitamins from the broccoli you also get protein! This took about ten minutes to make so it literally could not get easier. I used a food processor to blend everything together, but you can of course use a blender if you want. I like the spicier side of life, but if you  aren't into spicy food then you can half the jalapeno or take out the ribs and seeds. You can serve this dip hot or cold. I ate it both ways and they were both delicious! I served mine with pretzel chips and carrots, but you can even dip baked tortilla chips or even use it for a sauce for tacos!The healthy possibilities are endless!


Brocamole( like Guacamole, but better)


Ingredients:
3 cups chopped broccoli
1 jalapeno, chopped, seeds removed
2 tbs green onions
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 handfulls fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder 

Directions:
  1. Cook the broccoli in lightly salted water until very soft.
  2. Drain broccoli very well.
  3. Transfer to a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth, add additional olive oil for a smoother texture.
  4. Serve warm or cold with baked chips, crackers, veggies or anything else you can slather this amazingness on.





5 comments:

  1. Lies!!! Better than Guac? And I certainly don't eat a whole avocado, I definitely put two into mine! I'll have to try this to put your recipe to the test! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog I am now a happy follower.
    Elle
    http://bodybyzen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that Elle! I'm going to check out your blog too!

      Delete