Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Melon & Carrot Pupsicles


This recipe is perfect for owners that love their Pups! Although I am calling them pupsicles, these are perfect treats for kids and adults too!They only have three ingredients so they are super simple to make. They are just cantaloupe,yogurt and carrot juice. Blend them all together and fill some ice trays and you got yourself a yummy treat that the pup (or kid) in your life will love!
I found a rendition of this recipe in Rachael Ray's July magazine. She served it as an actual chilled soup,which I thought was a little weird because I pictured my pug lapping up the soup and dripping it all over the place in her beard. So I opted to freeze the soup and make pupsicles! My dog Meatball loves these pupsicles. The carrot juice and the cantaloupe make these treats so sweet and yummy. Plus, they are frozen which is perfect  for the summer and they can cool you or your pup down. If you want to serve these to kids, you can still fill them in an ice tray and add a Popsicle stick in the tray while they are freezing!
Meatball Approved!!!!

Note: You can buy small bottles of carrot juice at the gorcery store for fairly cheap. If you think you might use carrot juice in other recipes feel free to buy a larger container. 

Melon & Carrot Pupsicles

24 pupsicles ( 2 ice trays)

Ingredients:
2 cups cubed melon
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup carrot juice

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or a blender until smooth. 
2. With a spoon scoop the mixture into an ice tray. Freeze for four hours or overnight until solid. 


9 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea to help keep the pooches cool. Thanks for sharing, they sound delicious :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dog legit loves these. Whenever we come in from a walk I give her one! Cools her right down!

      Delete
  2. My dog loves carrots and he is always hot (that darn fur coat of his). I don't know if he likes cantaloupe (he never has a chance at it in our house) so I might use apples instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meatball is adorable! My two pups would love this, great summer pup treat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alley, Meatball never had melon either! I figured if she didnt like it I would just eat it myself. :) I fed her a small piece and she devoured it! lol. Pugs like everything.

    Let me know how you girls like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kids won't even know how healthy these are only how good they taste. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to whip up a batch of these for my pup! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My pup loves them. So happy to see other food bloggers in PVD!!!

      Delete