Thursday, November 14, 2013

Outside the Kitchen: The Wharf Pub

Confession: I may still be in a food coma from Saturday after visiting The Wharf Pub in Newport, RI. And I can say for sure it will not be my last lunch there!The Wharf Pub is a super cozy  pub with a couple of bars and lots of beers to sample. We went for the restaurant week menu, but I happened to check out the regular menu also. Wowza! A whole section for different variations of tater tots? Sign me up!

I started my lunch with the New England Seafood Chowder. The soup was delicious. So much more flavorful than the traditional New England Clam Chowder. There were chunks of bacon, corn and lots of herbs.Oh and the bread was delicious. It was the perfect start to the meal.


I then ordered the Fried Chicken and Waffles. I have no words. This Southern classic has everything you need to have a party in your mouth. The waffle was light and fluffy, the chicken was perfectly crispy and the gravy... oh the gravy. It was amazing. There were also some hints of maple syrup. I am still thinking about this dish. 


I finished the meal out with a Banana and Caramel Panna Cotta.This dessert had just enough sweetness from the homemade caramel and was perfectly creamy and delicious. I wish I had more room to eat this delectable treat.


Overall this was an amazing meal! I cannot wait to go back to the Wharf Pub and have oodles of tater tots and some beer flights which would make me the happiest girl in Newport! Check out this gem in Bowen's Wharf. You will not be disappointed.





2 comments:

  1. Sounds so good! The lower depths in Boston also has a whole tater tot section on its menu. I might have to head down to Newport to try those chicken and waffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so yummy Lynn! You totally need to try it!

      Delete